Monday, November 1, 2010

U.S. Economy still has Rocky Bottom Fever

According to the media, the U.S., supposedly, is out of the recession. This is mostly untrue as there are still many states facing adversity. As elections are approaching tomorrow, the weak U.S. economy is, quite possibly, the biggest issue. In an NBC/WSJ poll, 60 percent of voters believed that the economy is heading in the wrong direction due to a rise in unemployment and home foreclosures as well as workers receiving inert wages. Of the people in this poll, 70 percent they would like to see Republicans take control of the office.

Everyone knows that the media has a tendency to sugarcoat the truth and feed it to the public. When I digest the phrase, "the U.S. is out of the Recession!", I get the notion to regurgitate that information for feeling that the media is trying to avert my attention from what is really going on. Ever since President Obama and the democrats took the majority of the White House, the direction of the U.S. economy has plummeted. I can't even think of one good decision that has been made since. Do I hope that republicans take office? I do, because I think that the democrats had their turn. Do I have complete faith in them? Not exactly, since I oppose partisanship, but I believe they could do better than the democrats. If this country wants to take a new positive direction, we cannot afford to succumb to ideals right now. Instead of trying to achieve universal health care, we should pick ourselves off the dirt and pull our economy out of stagnant waters. We need to stabilize ourselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39918295/ns/business-eye_on_the_economy/

No comments:

Post a Comment